ABOUT INVESTMENT DIAMONDS AND WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN DIAMONDS
Demand for diamonds increase worldwide.
For many years, diamonds have been the true symbol of special occasions and memorable moments. Not only is a diamond truly remarkable, but it’s also considered a good, hard-asset investment. With a growing demand of an estimated 2% worldwide, 2018 is considered one of the best years ever to invest in a diamond. Here are few things you need to consider before purchasing an investment diamond:
1. UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN INVESTMENT DIAMOND AND A REGULAR DIAMOND
The area of investment diamonds is highly specialised.
Unlike the beautiful diamonds you find over-the-counter in a retail store, the area of investment diamonds are known to be more specialised. The starting price for an investment diamond can be anything from R1.3 million rand; these diamonds include rare fancy colour diamonds that are extremely valuable, rare and most importantly desired. For you to make the best possible decision in your investment you need to consider the demand, colour and availability of the diamond worldwide.
2. THE BENEFITS OF AN INVESTMENT DIAMOND
There’s a growing demand for diamonds worldwide.
Considering the growing demand for diamonds worldwide, especially in China and in the US, the value has risen significantly. Here are a few reasons why you should be investing in a diamond:
- An investment diamond is a portable hard-asset investment, meaning you can take it with you wherever you go. It knows no borders.
- A diamond is an investment you’re able to enjoy while in your possession. Whether you choose to have it set into jewellery or keep loose, you can admire the beauty of the diamond every time you see it.
- A diamond is considered to be inflation proof, as they typically appreciate in compliance with inflation.
- Your investment diamond is an investment you’re able to hold onto and cherish while appreciating the fact that it’s completely durable and can be passed down from one generation to the next.
3. CONSIDER THE 4CS OF A DIAMOND
Before you decide on an investment diamond it’s important to make sure you take all the 4Cs into consideration.
Before you decide on a diamond for investment purposes, it’s important to make sure you take all the 4Cs into consideration. In order for a diamond to qualify as an investment diamond the whole atomic structure, cut, fluorescence and inclusions are examined to determine the value. The grading is based on the overall characteristic and quality of a diamond. Make sure to grade your diamond through a third party grading institution such as the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
4. CONSIDER INVESTING IN A COLOUR DIAMOND
When you commit to an investment, you should have a long-term view.
When you commit to an investment, you need to have a long-term view in mind. Ask yourself what do you consider is the right time to sell? When is it time to buy an investment diamond? What colour diamond is in high demand and extremely rare? For investors, these are considered some of the most important questions. Do your research and speak to a reputable jeweller, one who specialises in investment diamonds, before you decide on the colour diamond you would like to invest in. It’s important to find out what colour diamond is in high demand, more rare and at the same time accessible to the buyer.
Investing in a diamond remains to be a truly specialised field. Before you decide to purchase a one-of-a-kind diamond make sure to ask the right questions. It’s also recommended to have a discussion with a diamond expert that will be able to help you make the right decision. In the end, with the diamond demand rising in 2018, you can’t go wrong investing in a diamond.